Junior Corporate Lawyer
Have you just finished your Master in Dutch Law and are you looking for a traineeship where you can develop yourself within a wide range of topics? Do you want to work in an international and dynamic environment? Vistra is looking for enthusiastic and ambitious starters, who will get the chance to develop themselves at different levels during our 18-month traineeship, which start in March 2018.
The first month you will receive fulltime training. In this month you’ll get an intensive training program, focused on both theoretical knowledge, soft skills and challenging business cases. Various aspects of our work will be discussed, such as our approach and our clients. Not only your legal knowledge, but also your financial and fiscal knowledge will be expanded to prepare you for a successful career in our corporate sector.
After the first month you get started as Junior Corporate Lawyer in one of our teams. As Junior Corporate Lawyer you are part of a Client Service Team and partly responsible for the corporate housekeeping of the Dutch entities of our clients. You will work closely with your financial colleagues and with our external partners, such as lawyers, tax advisors and financial advisors. Each month you will have an intervision, for example to discuss interesting business cases and to follow more training.
As a Junior Corporate Lawyer you will assist with the daily legal management and coordination of 40 to 60 companies. You will have direct client contact and a wide range of topics, including:
- Responsible for management of client entities under supervision of a (Senior) Corporate Lawyer, in accordance with Dutch corporate law and regulations;
- Timely and accurate daily management of corporate legal matters, under supervision of (Senior) Corporate Lawyer.
- Maintenance of client files in cooperation with Corporate Lawyer and Senior Corporate Lawyer through required corporate legal documentation;
- Setting up and managing corporate and private legal structures;
- Accurate and timely set up and maintenance of compliance files and annual reviews under supervision of (Senior) Corporate Lawyers;
- Identifying compliance risks and share with (Medior or Senior) Corporate Lawyers;
- Professional (verbal and written) communication with clients, shareholders, advisors and other relevant parties concerning legal matters under supervision of (Medior and Senior) Corporate Lawyers;
- Building and managing professional business relationships with clients.
We are looking for starters who:
- Are ambitious and enthusiastic lawyers who want to be challenged and grow;
- Want to develop at both legal, financial and fiscal level;
- Have excellent communication skills and are fluent in Dutch and English, written and spoken;
- Have a good sense of humor;
- Have a master in Dutch Law (with emphasis on company law or notary law);
- Have between 0-2 years relevant experience (gained in legal or financial services is a plus);
- Are available on a fulltime basis.