Hogan Lovells is one of the world's leading legal practices, helping corporations, financial institutions, and governmental entities across the spectrum of their critical business and legal issues globally and locally. We have over 2,500 lawyers operating out of more than 46 offices in the United States, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
The Finance Function is led by the Global Finance Director based in London who is reporting to the Global Chief Operating & Financial Officer based in New York. Regional Finance teams report to the Regional Heads of Finance and these are led by the Global Finance Director.
We are looking to recruit a Finance Manager to lead the finance function in the Amsterdam office and contribute to the firm's business and financial success through:
- focussing on fiscal compliance in all aspects including local tax, statutory and professional rules as well as all other relevant regulations;
- ensuring effective and efficient delivery of all day to day financial services and processes required to run the business;
- continual review of processes and value-add services that best utilise the firm's resources and contribute to the overall performance of the firm;
- the maintenance of an appropriate control and compliance framework;
- enabling management and partners to optimize the financial performance of the business through the provision of timely, relevant and reliable management information; and
- providing (both proactively and where requested) high quality analysis and advice to inform major business decisions, to manage risk, and to identify and address issues that have a significant bearing on the performance and competitiveness of the firm.
The role reports to our Head of Finance Continental Europe (based in Düsseldorf, Germany) and the Amsterdam Office Managing Partner.
- Provision of local operational finance support (clients, matters, billing, salaries, payments and receipts) in the global finance system Elite.
- Statutory reporting and tax filing under Dutch law, tax-related issues.
- Preparation of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and monthly close, and supporting information and schedules, to central finance function in accordance with agreed timetables.
- Ensuring that office complies with the accounting requirements arising from local GAAP/tax/legal issues - liaising with auditors and advisers as required.
- Reporting of financial irregularities (including significant non-compliance with policies and procedures) and concerns direct to the Global Finance Director.
- Development, implementation and review of local internal controls, primarily designed to safeguard assets and minimise risk that are consistent with worldwide Finance policies and procedures.
- Management and control of the treasury function including the provision of cash flow forecasts.
- Ensure local compliance with fiscal and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Provide a high quality advisory service to Management, Partners and Senior Support Leaders across the country on issues including strategic planning, profitability analysis, profitability improvement, pricing and pitch support, client and matter management and billing collection support.
- Provide high quality line management to all Finance staff in the office. This includes setting objectives and priorities, monitoring performance and budgetary control.
- Constant review and improvement of the efficiency of existent local financial and billing function and the respective office policies.
- Liaison with and support to Partners' Matters Team (based in London) in respect of all issues relating to individual partners.
- Working with the Head of Tax (based in London) to ensure tax compliance, management of tax risks and the delivery of high quality tax planning advice.
- Daily finance and billing team management.
- Analysis and controlling of contractual agreements with clients and subcontractors.
- Signing of agreements and other finance documents on behalf of the branch in the absence of admin signature people.
- Lead local role in the forthcoming global finance projects such as Chrome River Expense Management System and Elite 3E- single finance system (implementation date January 2018).
Education and Experience
- Academic level
- At least 7-10 years of post-qualification experience with prior experience in a managerial role.
- Substantial working experience gained in professional services with legal industry an advantage. Candidates from different industry sections will also be considered.
- Excellent English language skills required.
- Able to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders and act as a business Partner.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to influence.
- Able to provide effective leadership to finance team members.
- Strong analytical, report writing and presentation skills.
- Strong time management and organisation skills.
Neem contact op met Sanne Braam, Manager Human Resources, telefoonnummer 020-5533 669 of e-mail je CV en motivatie naar email@example.com om direct te solliciteren.